Are eggs actually good for you? 🍳
With Veganuary over, I thought it would be a perfect time to do a post dedicated to EGGS. If you don't already know, I love eggs, especially as they are so versatile when cooking.
However, a lot of people believe that eggs are not healthy or beneificial to their diets, because they are high in cholestrol. But ladies, I am giving you a green light to eggs and here are a few reasons why:
- Great source of protein, which helps with: weight loss, increasing muscle mass, lowering blood pressure and optimizing bone health
- High in B2, B12 and Vitamin D – helping to convert food into fuel, the function of the brain and the nervous system and helping to protect bones
- Incredibly filling – no need for naughty cravings if you have eggs for breakfast
- Rich in nutrients that promote heart health such as betaine and choline
- Also loaded with zinc and silica which keeps our hair healthy
- They are incredibly yummy and compliment many meals.
I use Clarence Court eggs, not only for their amazing flavour and quality, but because of the poulterer's attention to the health and welfare of his hens 💛. For my vegetarian and vegan freinds, Tofu or chickpeas are great substitutes for eggs and meat, and are also delicious.
Have a eggcelent sunday Glow Girls! 😉 Xx